As you guys will soon learn I am obsessed with skincare so skincare posts will be often and frequent. If you are a fellow lover of skincare then the Ulta annual “Love Your Skin” event is for you. The event spans from January 8-28, 2017. We are here to tell you the must haves and deals to avoid.
Let’s start with the positives. Below are some products we have, absolutely love, and recommend you purchasing!
- January 9th – Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels. These gels are not only cooling on the skin, but I have actually noticed an increase in hydration and elimination of fine lines around my eyes. These gels will be half off which is a steal for 8 pairs of eye gels. Also don’t forget if you purchase this product, there is an Ulta “Free Gift with Purchase!” You will receive a free 0.5 oz of Relief Eye Cream, which I have not tried but if it’s anything like the gels then I imagine it is AMAZING!
- January 12th – The Leaders Sheet Masks, buy one get one free! Holy cow these masks are to die for. If you are going to purchase anything in the event this is my skincare connoisseur recommendation. The mask I live for is the “What Happened Last Night? Radiance Revitalizing Mask.” Sheet masks aren’t only easy since they don’t require you to wash them off afterwards, but they are amazing at locking in moisture. After removing the sheet, I recommend gently pressing clean fingers on your skin to ensure the absorption of the product and then immediately apply moisturizer (my current winter fav is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream). This mask will not only re-hydrate your skin in these harsh winter months, but it also creates the perfect makeup base. I will not only be stocking up on these but I will also be purchasing some other masks from Leaders (will be listed below if you are interested!☺)
- January 13th – TWO DEAL DAY! Both of these products are a must try especially because both of the products are half off. The Tarte Maracuja oil ($7.50) is great to mix into foundation. By mixing it in you allow for the foundation to blend into the skin easier and hydrate while you are wearing makeup. This oil is also perfect to bring eyebrow pomades and gel eyeliners that have dried out back to life. I have mixed it into my dried out Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade and it revitalized it (we can do a post on this if you comment below that you are interested). Product number two is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Minis Kit ($10). This kit comes with two different scents: Original and Vanilla Citron. I have tried the original and it does a fabulous job hydrating. Tip: a little goes a long way. If you are planning to use this before makeup then use it sparingly because it will leave a white cast on the skin. I recommend using this product at night and layering it on heavy to wake up with perfectly hydrating skin. All First Aid Beauty products are amazing and perfect for sensitive skin! Also if you see yourself buying four of these sets or testing out their other products (both the cleanser and the overnight radiance mask are amazing) then there is a free 4 piece gift set with $35 purchase.
- January 26th – Murad Acne Complex Clarifying Cleanser. The cleanser is 50% off making it $15.00. Now, take this recommendation with a grain of salt. This will probably not be your daily cleanser. It is harsh. However, if you have a breakout, have acne prone skin, or can feel a breakout coming on this is the cleanser for you. It reduces bacteria in the breakout area. I use this following my daily cleanser, if I feel a breakout coming on, and leave it on while I continue with my night time routine to let it sink into my skin to do its job.
- January 27th – Clarisonic Mia 1 Skin Cleansing System. Hear me out on this one because it is definitely a skincare investment. I recently joined the Clarisonic cult. Now it is pricey. The Clarisonic retails for $129.00 but is on sale for $99.00. I purchased my Clarisonic when it was on sale for $99 and I used my 20% off prestige so I got it for a little cheaper. However, I would take advantage of this current price drop. I have tried dupes for the Clarisonic (post coming soon) and they don’t compare. This product deep cleans like no other. It will leave your skin soft, refreshed, and allow moisturizer to better seep into the skin. I have an acne scar from a stress breakout in my last semester of college. I’ve tried everything to try to lighten it and get it to go away (can also write a post on this experience if it is requested!). Sadly, nothing worked… until the magical Clarisonic Gods rained down and blessed my skin. This has lightened my scar and reduced its appearance. If you are willing to take the plunge and splurge then it will be well worth it!
- January 28th – Clinique 3 Step Intro Kit – Like most of the products mentioned above, this set is 50% off making it $9.75. There are three different intro kits to choose from: One for moisturizing, one for dry skin, and lastly one for oily skin. This allows you to select what kit is perfect for you. My favorite winter time moisturizer (mentioned above) is the Clinique cream housed in each of the sets. It will change your life especially if you suffer with dry skin. Definitely a winter time favorite!
Next, we have determined some products for you to save your money and pass up…
- January 12th – Olay Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser. Pass. Nothing special. It does not exfoliate like the Clinique 7 Day Scrub, which is my absolute favorite.
- January 22nd – Hey Honey – Come Clean Propolis & Minerals Facial Scrub. I have tried a few of the Hey Honey products and have unfortunately been disappointed. The products do not do much. They are difficult to work with in comparison to other masks I have tried. Don’t be tempted by the adorable name because this product was an overall dud.
Products we are interested in trying and plan to purchase if you want to try them out with us — leave your comments below!
- January 11th – Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads (50% off – on sale for $22.50). On top of my prior love of the PTR products, there is a free Cucumber Mask with purchase and the mask is perfection.
- January 12th – Leaders Sheet Masks (Buy one get one free). As mentioned above the “What Happened Last Night?” mask is one of my absolute favorites. I plan to try the “Pore Gone for Good Pore Refining Mask, 7 Wonders Tundra Cranberry Anti-Aging Mask, Aquaringer Treatment Mask, and Balancing Recovery Mask.” And of course, I’m stocking up on my OG fav.
- January 16th – Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner (50% off, on sale for $9). Kaylee and I both live for Mario’s products. She loves the Rosewater spray and I live for his trio mask set I purchased on Black Friday. Kaylee is on her second bottle and I use the masks weekly.
- January 17th – Another TWO DEAL DAY! I plan on purchasing the Peter Thomas Roth Instant FirmX Eye (50% off, on sale for $19). Don’t forget, you will be able to take advantage of the free Cucumber Mask on both days! The second item is the Nip + Fab Dragon’s Blood Collection (40% off, on sale for $ 7.79 – $14.99). I love the Nip + Fab Glycolic Mask. Kaylee and I both love this mask so this is a must try!
- January 22nd – bareMinerals Pure Plush Gentle Deep Cleansing Foam (50% off, on sale for $11). Kaylee loves the bareMinerals moisturizer so she is excited to try the cleanser and see how it ranks.
Saving arguably the best for last, Ulta has created multiple kits that allow you to sample many products you may have never tried. I have fallen in love with many of my favorite products as a result of sampler kits. Below, I have listed the sampler kits in order from best value or appeal to least!
- Clean Slate Kit (Originally 29.50, on sale for $15.00) – includes: Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist, Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Lift & Firm Hydra-Gel Eye Patches, Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Skyn Iceland Blemish Dots with Salicylic Acid, DERMAdoctor Kakadu C Amethyst Clay Detox Mask, StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream, Murad Environmental Shield Advanced Active Radiance Serum, $5 Off. This is a great sampler kit. I will be purchasing this set to test it out!
- Fresh Start Kit (Originally 29.50, on sale for $15.00) – includes: Algenist GENIUS Ultimate Anti-Aging Vitamin C+ Serum, Mario Badescu Enzyme Revitalizing Mask, Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar, Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels, Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, Leaders Daily Wonders Pore Gone For Good Pore Refining Mask, $5 Off. This kit contains many of the items on sale in the event except in travel size. It contains the Skyn Iceland Gels, First Aid Beauty Repair Cream, and Leaders Sheet Mask. It also contains a Mario Badescu mask that is amazing! So, if you do not want to purchase the items in a bigger size but instead wish to sample in a travel size then this is the set for you!
- Cleanser Skincare Sampler Box ($9.99) – includes: Biore Baking Soda Liquid Cleanser, Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Oil, Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foaming Face Wash, Formula 10.0.6 Best Face Forward Daily Foaming Cleanser, Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub, La Roche-Posay Micellar Water, Neturogena Makeup Remover Towelettes, Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes, Skinfix Foaming Oil Cleanser. I listed this box above the moisturizer one due to my familiarity with the items included. The Neturogena Makeup Wipes are my Holy Grail! I have used them before I even started wearing makeup to cleanse my skin. Formula 10.0.6 also produces many amazing items so that would be a great addition. Last but not least, Cetaphil is an amazing cleanser for sensitive skin!
- Moisturizer Skincare Sampler Box ($9.99) – includes: Andalou Resveratrol Q10 Night Repair Cream, Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Daily Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30, Cetaphil daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Body Lotion, Lumene Vit C Sleeping Cream, Pacifica Dreamy Youth Day & Night Face Cream, RoC Multicorrexion 5 in 1 Chest, Neck & Face Cream with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30, Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Rich Cream. This is a great kit if you are looking to try many new moisturizers in the winter months! I am unfamiliar with many of the moisturizers in this box so I may be purchasing it to give them a shot! It is a great deal for the amount of products you receive!
- Mask Skincare Sampler Box (7.99) – includes: Biobelle Hydrating & Nourishing Sheet Mask with Vitamin E and Almond Oil (1 ct) and Maskeraide Detox Diva Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask (1 ct). I placed this set last because you receive less products for only a few dollars less than the other kits. Don’t get me wrong I would be super excited to try these masks (let’s be real I’ll still probably purchase them). However, if you were only going to pick one of the sets this would be my last recommendation since you only receive two masks.
Last but not least, if you plan on spending $70 or more on skincare products, don’t forget to add the 27 piece Skincare Sampler to your cart! Here is the link: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod15251445
We hope you enjoyed our first blog post! Leave us comments, thoughts, and requests. Let us know your favorite products below, what you are excited to try, and what you are interested in seeing from us in the future!