For this blog post we are partnering up with Beauty Entourage, and we couldn’t be any more excited! For the next few weeks, we will have awesome collaboration posts coming your way so be sure to check back! Hint hint… one is all about that glow!
We all make resolutions in the New Year. However, how often do we really stick to them? Unfortunately, many of us start off strong, then start falling off as the year progresses. The year is still young so let’s change that this year. Let’s make 2017 all about getting healthy, in shape, and taking steps to feel amazing about our bodies!
Beauty Entourage offers some beauty resolutions that are extremely manageable and will help you step-up your beauty routine. We are collaborating to bring you a few tips and tricks to step up your weight loss, tone-up, or ‘project get healthy’ game. We, however, took it a step further to bring you a full day of eating to give you ideas on ways to add variety to your meals while still reaching your goals!
Getting in shape starts in the kitchen. You’ve probably heard that a million times, but trust me, it’s true. Eating the right things sets the foundation for your body to begin changing; same theory as makeup foundation, without a good foundation, the entire look is lacking.
Here are a few simple and easy steps to getting event ready!
Step 1: Set small, achievable goals that won’t leave you feeling discouraged. If you have a big event coming up such as a wedding, graduation, or vacation you want to look and feel your very best. If you’re looking for amazing ideas for hair, makeup, or where to start the planning process, check out Beauty Entourage. They also do amazingly beautiful hair and makeup if you are in the Connecticut, Massachusetts, or New York area!
- These goals can consist of losing 1 to 2 pounds a week.
- Cutting sugar from your diet
- Eliminating processed food and replacing them with “whole foods” such as lean protein, vegetables, fruit, and low glycemic carbs such as brown rice and sweet potatoes
- If you don’t like vegetables or find them hard to incorporate into your diet, check out PrettyFit Greens! They are currently on sale, but if you’d like to save even more money, then use the code TAYKAY20 for 20% off at checkout (you can also use this code on anything you’d like to purchase from their website)! These greens are not only an amazing alternative to veggies, but they also taste amazing! I love to take them when I’m getting hungry or craving something sweet. We will be doing a full post on them soon so be on the lookout!
Step 2: Reward yourself when you achieve your goals and don’t beat yourself up if you’re not 100% perfect. Your rewards could include a cheat meal (my personal reward), a new outfit, or a new makeup item to add to your collection. By setting the small, achievable goals you will be able to stay on track because you will have short milestones to check off your list, instead of long-term goals such as losing 20 pounds by June. That goal is too far away and leaves room to get off track and thus not meet your goal. Don’t get us wrong, long-term goals are important and necessary, just don’t have that be your only goal. Instead, make easy to achieve benchmarks.
Step 3: Keep the bigger picture in mind. The event you are prepping for is worth saying no to the cupcake after dinner. To look back on pictures and absolutely love and feel confident in the way you look is priceless. However, feeling confident in your image and body is 100% personal. You do not have to be a size 0 to be beautiful and don’t let society tell you otherwise! Embrace your body and just simply make it your goal to be HEALTHY! Let’s make 2017 the year we all get healthy!
Step 4: Detox!! We published a post on perfect tips and tricks for detoxing if you want to try it but you’re not sure how. Detoxing can eliminate bloating and curb appetite, making it easier to stick to your diet and see a difference in your body!
Now, let’s get to the meals! Feel free to adapt these meals if you are a vegan, vegetarian, or have diet restrictions. I will try to make suggestions everywhere I can to adapt to different needs, but if you need more guidance with it then leave a comment below, and I will get to thinking of ways to meet your needs! Both, Beauty Entourage and Us at Northern Lights and Southern Charm, are here to help you feel as beautiful, confident, and healthy as you possibly can!!
Healthy food doesn’t have to be bland, flavorless, and something you dread. We’re here to show you how to make delicious healthy food you will enjoy while also feeling good about it!
- Two hard boiled eggs. You can eat both of the yolks, but I typically will only eat one. I also lightly salt my eggs with Himalayan Pink Sea Salt.
- One Thomas English Muffins – Whole Wheat. The whole wheat is the lowest in carbs and highest in fiber!
- A total of one tablespoon of peanut or almond butter split between the two sides
- Add ½ of a thinly sliced banana or apple on top. People often shy away from fruit, but you need the vitamins and nutrients to be healthy! Just remember everything in moderation.
- I also have a cup of coffee with a tablespoon or two of The Silk Hazelnut Almond Creamer. I try to replace as many dairy products in my diet as I can. This creamer has an amazing taste and just the right amount of Hazelnut flavor.
Lunch: Turkey Wraps
These have become my obsession! Dress them up or down depending on your personal preferences!
- Two to three small corn tortillas (lightly brown the tortillas in a pan to get a nice crisp)
- Deli lunch meat (pictured and my favorite is Boar’s Head Peppered Turkey)
- Deli cheese (Boar’s Head White American Cheese)
- ½ an avocado
- A few handfuls of spinach – just like with the fruit, veggies need to be incorporated into your diet to remain healthy!
- Occasionally I will add spicy mustard.
Dinner: Chicken Stir Fry
- Start by cutting up chicken breast into small bite sized pieces and add it to a large pan or wok on medium heat (depending on your stove) with a little olive or coconut oil
- Once the chicken is almost fully cooked, consolidate to one side of the pan and add broccoli to the other half. My lazy girl style enjoys to buy the ‘microwave in the bag’ kind and cook it in the microwave for half the time prior to adding it to the pan. It helps it cook faster, but keeps it from losing its crunch.
- I add more oil on top of the broccoli. I then add bean sprouts and let them begin cooking.
- Add four raw eggs to the center of the pan and start moving them around quickly so they don’t burn. If you are a vegan or vegetarian, skip the chicken and eggs and still have a tasty stir fry just add more veggies like carrots. However, if you aren’t vegan or vegetarian, the eggs are filling and add extra protein to your meal.
- Once the eggs are almost fully cooked, add enough low-sodium soy sauce to cover the food. Add a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar, a tablespoon of garlic powder, a 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper, a pinch of salt (because the soy sauce is salty already), and red pepper flakes depending upon how spicy you like your food!
- In a separate pan I cook riced cauliflower. Cauliflower is a great option if you want to decrease the amount of carbs in the meal. It is also almost impossible to taste the cauliflower when incorporated with the soy sauce. Another great way to add veggies as well! However, if you don’t want to try the cauliflower, then add about a cup of brown rice to your meal. But take it from me, the cauliflower is more filling than the brown rice and healthier! If you want to know exactly how I rice the cauliflower then comment below and we can do a post on that for you!
We have already posted a deliciously healthy recipe on Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes that is a must try! Let us know if you’ve tried that and how much you love it!
Also let us know on social media or in the comments below what event you are prepping for! We’d love to hear it!
What recipes do you love? What are your favorite healthy tips and tricks? Do you want to see more recipes? Let us know below!